Students can expect the following homework assignments throughout the school year:
1. READ!! - The only way to become a better reader is to read more! Read a good-fit book for AT LEAST 20 minutes each night. It may be helpful to make reading a routine and do it at the same time each evening. Fill in your Weekly Reading Log in your reading folder and have a parent or guardian initial. This will be checked first thing on Fridays.
2. TUESDAY FOLDERS - Folders containing important classroom and PTA information will be send home each Tuesday. Please have your parents sign when necessary and return the folders on Wednesday each week.
1. STUDY ISLAND - Often, there will be an assignment on www.studyisland.com. If you do not have access to the internet at home, a print out will be provided. Review lessons and examples are provided on Study Island when help is needed.
2. REVIEW FOR WEEKLY QUIZ - We will usually have a quiz at the end of the week covering topics such as vocab, reading comprehension, grammar skills, etc.
3. CLASSPROJECTS - We will work on one project per quarter that will require preparation outside of the classroom.